You don’t have to be a hard-ass to be a good manager. You don’t need threats or discipline to get cooperation. You don’t have to disown your friends to be their manager. You don’t have to be a bully to get results.
You can get better results by being the nice person you are. Your employees will work harder, enjoy their work more, stay at their jobs longer, appreciate your management style, and respect your leadership.
In this book you’ll watch as an extraordinarily effective and amazingly nice manager, Mike Mitchell, handles all the challenging management situations.
You’ll follow Mike as he...
- creates a motivating environment (ch 7)
- makes his daily rounds (ch 8)
- conducts a team meeting (ch 9)
- delegates responsibilities (ch 10)
- coaches improvements (ch 11)
- corrects inappropriate behaviors (ch 12)
- counsels underperformance (ch 13)
- resolves disputes (ch 15)
- conducts performance reviews (ch 16)
- fires inappropriate team members (ch 17)
- helps his people advance (ch 18)
Mike deals with even the most troublesome management situations so smoothly you’ll say, “Why don’t I do it like that?!” And he gets legendary results—not by being a hard-driving taskmaster, but by being nice.
Do as Mike does and you’ll be a legendary nice manager too.
"An amazingly simple and effective manual on how to manage with style, confidence, and grace. Follow the examples here—copy the conversations if you like—and you'll manage like a seasoned pro. Tough management situations are no longer challenging—they're fun."